Us Larkspur girls are big time makeup lovers. So much so that we enrolled in a makeup for film class back in college. The class gave us a chance to see firsthand how transformative this material can be. Aside from beautifying ourselves into snow queens and mermaids, we learned all of the gory tricks too (think corpses, drug addicts, terrifying accidents). Not to mention it gave us a legitimate reason to "practice" on all of our friends and use lots of fake blood.
But for everyday wear, we prefer a simple routine. And after many attempts to find the best of the best, we are confident in these tried and true staples. For me, it's all about doing my best to stick to natural ingredients so my skin stays clear and healthy day after day. Here are my top picks for those of us with a medium complexion:
- Color: Fathom
- A pink tone eyeshadow works really well as a neutral base and helps to brighten the eyes overall. This shadow adds a touch of shimmer too, making me look a bit more refreshed without overdoing it.
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
- Color: #2
- I suffer from some serious dark circles and this concealer pretty much eliminates them. It is light and breathable and doesn't fade throughout the day.
Tarte Mineral Powder Bronzer
- Color: Park Avenue Princess
- This bronzer works wonders. You can layer a touch or a ton, either way it helps to define my face shape and adds a sun-kissed glow.
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee
- Color: Pink Escape
- This product has radically shifted my perspective on blush. For a long time, I had been looking for something that would give me a bit of dewy color. Cool to the touch, this cheek gelee does just that. It is the most natural looking blush I have ever used, I can't get enough. Plus, it's made with coconut water and that's just cool.
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara
- Color: Jet Black
- Lengthens, adds volume, and is relatively easy to take off at night, Benefit got it right with this mascara. It's a no brainer sort of hit.