The next stop on my European getaway! In the five days we were in town I really feel we explored almost every neighborhood. Here are my highlights:
1) Braving it to the tippity-top of the Berlin Cathedral. The wrap-around view of the city is unreal, plus we scored on a seriously gorgeous afternoon. Also, their kid-friendly video guide was hilarious, particularly when it came to sharing Luther's relationship with the church (you know, he was "annoyed").
2) Stepping back in time for realzies at the Neues Museum. Every piece is impossibly old and Nefertiti's bust lives here. Not to mention these oblong skull shapes got me thinking/questioning/sci-fying everything (if you catch my drift).
3) Absorbing the work at the East Side Gallery. I still can't shake it. A reminder that art is a true catalyst for transformation and healing.
4) Coming to terms with history and loss at the Holocaust Memorial.
5) Walking through the city's center garden with my bestie. The sky was beautiful overhead and we stumbled into little pockets of tranquility. Can't even imagine how beautiful the Tiergarten must be when spring rolls in.